Monday, May 19, 2014

In the Heart of the Canyon/Elisabeth Hyde/316 pages/2 December Challenges

Twelve guests and three guides head off a thirteen day rafting adventure through the Grand Canyon. It is J.T's, the head guide's, 125 trip, and he's looking forward more than usual to his landmark trip. The trip promises to change the lives of everyone on board.


This was my book club's selection for May, and I'm looking forward to the discussion. The characters and the setting were all interesting and informative. So informative that I am absolutely sure I'll never go on a rafting trip, especially not in the July heat! I was surprised at the people who changed the most during the course of the trip or who weren't as I expected them to be based on their initial descriptions.


Six geese a laying and seven swans a swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment