Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Waiting to be Heard / Amanda Knox / 463 pgs.


Written (and Read) by the Author, Amanda Knox; this is her account of her four year ordeal when she was tried for the murder of her roommate in Perugia, Italy.

Knox, sounds like a very young girl, who was naive and immature and was thrown in a very tense and unusual situation.  I like how she included a lot of background about her life and her day-to-day activities while she was in the Italian prison.  Unfortunately, I felt like she kept repeating some of her points and stories more than a few times.

I didn't follow the case while it was in the media, but I remember thinking that with all this media attention she must fit the profile of a killer.  After reading her account, I really feel bad with the way the media and prison system treated her; because they really railroaded a young vulnerable girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment