Sunday, February 23, 2014

Shadow Woman: A Novel / Linda Howard / 8 disks / 336 pages

   Lizette Henry is going through her regular morning routine when she looks in the mirror and realizes she doesn't recognize the person looking back at her. Almost immediately she is violently ill and the strangest impulse comes over her: destroy her cell phone. And from that beginning Lizette realizes there is more than just two years missing from her life. It is quite possible there is someone out to kill her. Little does she know there has been someone watching out for her during those lost years. In fact two someones. As Lizette begins to put the pieces together those people come out of hiding and the hardest part is to figure out which one to trust, with her life.
   This was a recommendation from a patron and I have to admit this is a little out of my reading comfort zone. I do enjoy a good suspense plot but in this one, there is a lot of sex, a LOT of sex. Howard has a great plot here. She makes a convincing story of just what happened to Lizette and why it had to happen that way. I was aware of huge plot holes and the ending just had me rolling my eyes. Was it a nice and tidy ending? Yes. Did it neatly answer all the questions? No. I have a feeling there may be a sequel but I am not holding my breath. I enjoyed trying to figure out who the bad guy was but other than that, not much appeal for me to read another one by this author.

Six degrees of reading: Shiver by Karen Robards, River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz, The First Prophet by Kay Hooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment