Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Circle/Dave Eggers/491 pages

What if everyone had one user id for everything with one password, and everything you did was linked by one company? What if Facebook, LinkedIn and the Social Security Administration merged? And then your health insurance companies, Twitter and your bank joined in? Transparency is the goal; privacy is the enemy. You are just beginning to learn about The Circle. When Mae gets a coveted job with The Circle, she thinks she has it made. She has a lot to learn.

Read this at your own risk. Maybe because I was under the weather when I read most of it, but I was creeped out by this book. This is the 1984 of this generation. I have no doubt that this will be made into a movie sooner or later. I'm looking forward to reading fluff next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment