Monday, January 20, 2014

Size 12 is Not Fat/Meg Cabot/345 pages/4 Calling Birds Challenge Met

Heather Wells, former teen pop singer (4 Calling Birds), is trying to start a new life as an assistant dorm--I mean residence hall--director after her singer career is over and her fiancĂ© dumps her. When two freshman girls are killed in the same freakish way, she suspects they were murdered. Now she just has to convince the police and her PI landlord Cooper who is also her almost ex-brother-in-law.


This is the first of the Heather Wells series. I was looking for fluff after my last book, and this book fit the bill. I've read The Bride Wears Size 12, so I know how things turn out for Heather eventually, but this was a nice introduction to her character. A fun, fluffy romp even if two things get a little tiresome. One, Heather's constant self-correcting of dorm--I mean residence hall, and two, her explanation to everyone that size 12 isn't fat. It's average. Not that I don't agree, but you have to wonder if she's just trying to convince herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment