Monday, November 25, 2013

Hotshot/Julie Garwood/356 pgs.

I like Julie Garwood. Unfortunately, this is the worst Garwood book I have ever read! The story line is trite, the characters are one dimensional, and it was a waste of my time reading it in its entirety. Peyton Lockhart and her sisters, Lucy and Ivy, are given the opportunity by their Uncle Len to make a go of Bishop Cove--an oceanfront resort needing rehab. If they can turn a profit within a year, Bishop Cove is theirs. This comes at a perfect time for Peyton because she was being sexually harassed at her previous job, and left it with incriminating evidence against her boss. He's out for retaliation, a competitor wants Bishop Cove, and Peyton's former next-door neighbor, Finn MacBain, now with the FBI, comes to the rescue. Of course, there is immediate attraction between Finn and Peyton, but they both want something different in the relationship. The whole thing is so boring, that I can't believe 1) that I read the entire book, and 2) that I've spent this much time on the review!

No comments:

Post a Comment