Monday, November 25, 2013

All New X-Men (vol. 2): Here to Stay / Brian Bendis / 136 pgs

The original five X-men (Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel & Beast) have been time warped from the past and brought into the present.  This series focuses on how these young, idealist fledglings react to their future selves and possible outcomes, which may not be the futures they had dreamed for themselves. 

Yeah, this outfit is
TOTALLY, not
Ridiculous!!!
I did not realize that this was volume 2 in the series so I was a little lost as to how the five had been transported to the future and why.  I also don't normally read superhero comics so I don't have much background information on the storylines and characters.  Therefore, I felt like I was probably missing out on some in-jokes or plotlines that I should already know.  Even still, this was an enjoyable read with plenty of interesting characters to fill several graphic novels with side stories.  My only complaint with the artwork is that once again the women are all wearing skin tight suits that look like they are painted on, and some of the outfits are so bizarrely cut that either a) they were designed and drawn by men who do not understand the laws of physics or b) I can only assume that the outfit is being held up by very fake shelf-like boobs.  ...and you wonder why women hate comics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment