Friday, September 13, 2013

Assassin's Creed: Desmond (Vol. 1) / Corbeyran / 48 pgs.

I've never played the video game, but I know that its super popular.  However, not knowing the storyline from the video game made me feel like I was missing part of the plot of this book.  From what I understand, there is a secret war, that has been going on for ages, between the Templars and "The Order".  The two groups are looking for something that will ultimately give them control of the entire world.  In order to find this "thing" the Templars created a machine called the Animus, which takes people back in time so they can relive events that happened in their ancestors' lives.  Of course, there are some unfortunate side-effects to using the Animus, one of which causes the user to go insane.

I think the video game fans will enjoy this series, the rest might give it a try if they like reading stories about secret organizations and conspiracy theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment