Friday, April 26, 2013

The Husband List/Janet Evanocih and Dorien Kelly/401 pages

I picked this book up because I absolutely adore the Stephanie Plum series.  Evanovich and Kelly had collaborated on another book which I also thought was very humorous.  However, this book was like neither of these.  It was still a good book, but I was very shocked that it was nothing like any of Evanovich's earlier writings.  The Husband List is a historical romance that takes place in Newport, RI in 1894 during the height of the Rockefellers and Astors. (although those families were only mentioned in passing)  While it had its moments, I never had a laugh out loud moment, and I miss that from Evanovich.  It read very similar to Regency novels in that they were upper society with strict etiquette and the plot centered around a "season" where young ladies were paraded at social events.  A good book, but don't expect classic Evanovich while reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment