Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dead Until Dark / Charlaine Harris / 260 pgs / First in Series


I don't normally like to read vampire stories so this was different for me.  I had read her Aurora Teagarden series so thought I might give this a try and also was interested to see if it was going to be as scary as the True Blood series looks (based on these books).  It isn't - I actually found it funny most of the time.  Sookie Stackhouse is a waitress who had a disability - or so she says - she can read other people's minds and she hates it.  She wants to meet a vampire and one night Bill walks into the bar.  He is a vampire and she cannot read his mind.  It is pretty much love at first sight.   When other waitresses (ones who like to hang out with vampires) end up dead and it looks like it may be a vampire who is doing the killing, Sookie ends up trying to find out who is actually the killer before she ends up dead.   Good story and I will continue to read the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment