Monday, February 18, 2013

The Fellowship of the Ring / J.R.R. Tolkien / 531 pages


Frodo has inherited the “One Ring” from his Uncle Bilbo (The Hobbit). In addition to allowing its wearer to become invisible, the Ring possesses other powers, such as destoying immortality upon its keeper. When Gandalf, the wizard, convinces him the ring must be destroyed in order to prevent its return to Sauron, the Dark Lord, Frodo ventures forth on a journey to Mordor, to cast the Ring into the fires of the Cracks of Doom. Aided by friends from the Shire and those he meets along the way, Frodo faces perilous dangers and temptations in his quest to rid Middle Earth of the power of the Ring.

I recently reread The Hobbit and since I had never read anything else by Tolkien, I decided to have a go at this. (Unbelievably, I have never seen the movie either.) I enjoyed this book very much and will definitely read the rest of the trilogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment