Monday, February 25, 2013

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 vol. 1 / Kouzoh Ohmori / 162 pgs

I've heard about "Gundam" and everyone always follows up with "its soooo good, you should watch it"; so I thought I would give this series a shot.  Not knowing where to start I just randomly grabbed this book off the shelf since it's vol. 1.  I don't really know where this lands in the "Gundam Universe" and even if this book is considered "canon", but here it is:

In this series, there are four young pilots, also referred to as "Gundam Meisters" since they pilot the large battle robots called Gundams.  These pilots are part of an organization called "Celestial Being" whose purpose is to use the Gundams to attack the other World Organizations in order to stop the current Worldwide War and bring peace.  Make sense?  Yeah, I'm not sure Gandhi would agree with this strategy either. 

The storyline is basically one action sequence after another.  It shows off the individual Gundams' special features and powers as they battle in various skirmishes.  It gets a bit confusing to tell from the illustrations what robot is fighting and whom and what is happening.  Perhaps it looks better on the tv series or maybe the graphic novel would have been better if it was printed in color since in black and white all the robots look about the same to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment