Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Artichoke's Heart / Suzanne Supplee / 276 pages

They say "You can't judge a book by it's cover." and this is all too often true, howsoever, I think everyone has probably chosen books on the basis of cover alone.  I did so with this one as I wanted it for my Chocolate Collection as the cover features delectable fancy-decorated chocolates, in their paper wrappers.  As is often true with chocolates, I found the center - the inside of the book - to be delightful, and an excellent choice for this beginning of the year, New Year's resolutions time.  Rosemary Goode is overweight - over 200#.  her secret lovers are Mr. Hershey, Mr. Reese's and Mr. M & M.  She is smart.  She is funny, but everyone only seems to notice her weight.  Rosie embarks on a weight loss regime that changes her life and impacts everyone around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment