Friday, February 1, 2013

2013!!!! Oh YEah, It's ON!!

Hey all, did you miss me??  Sorry, I have been neglecting this blog for the month, but I have been waiting for the "official" 2013 MO State Book Challenge Rules.  But alas, there have been no news yet; I can only confirm three things:

1) This year's contest has been shortened to Jan 1. - Aug. 31st; this was we can rub it in everyone's faces when we win and get to claim our trophy at the 2013 MLA Conference (which happens to be in our hometown this year!! so I expect a big showing!)

2) We do not have the results from the 2012 Challenge yet.  So we'll have to hold off on the drunken revelry for a little while longer. 

3) and Three, this one is entirely my fault, but I have missed the Friend's Grant deadline so there will not be any gift cards for a few months.  Instead, you all will be competing for the LOVE of BOOKS and READING!!!  The monthly winner will also get Braggin' Rights, possibly a tote bag, and the first pick of the ARCs that are sent out.  Please don't be discouraged, I do plan on begging  asking the Friends for funds to make this super cool contest that much cooler!!  

Don't Give up!  I do plan on being harder on you all this year! This quote from a pretty good movie should sum up my feelings about this: "I do believe Marsellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to take ME out and do WHATEVER I WANTED. Now I wanna dance, I wanna win. I want that trophy, so dance good."

No comments:

Post a Comment