Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Idea

Hey loyal bloggers!  I was thinking for the 2013 competition we should get T-shirts.  The front could have some kind of logo for the Library District's team and for the back we can keep track of the number of pages we've read by ironing on some kind of patch that we print out on iron on transfer paper.  We could have a symbol like a book or star and you would get one for every 1,000 pages you've read.    Just from looking at the stats from 2011 and 2012 we would be awarding anywhere from 1 - 114 symbols.  Most people will earn about 10 patches. 


So what do you all think? 
  1. Yes! this is awesome!  or
  2. No! I have enough ill-fitting "free" tshirts in my closet. 
Please just vote/comment on this post.   Thanks!! -Your Awesome Book Challenge Master. 

7 comments:

  1. You're funny. If we do t-shirts, our graphic designer could help to design and brand them for the Library District. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Laura! I'm not so sure about keeping track of the number of pages read, but I do like the t-shirt idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea, Laura! It'll make everyone want one and maybe we'll recruit some more bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I want another free ill-fitting t-shirt in my closet. Hopefully, it'll be turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of t-shirts.
    How about a day a month to proudly wear our shirts... and get together for tea and scones/crumpets/bagels.
    I agree with Susan--perhaps wearing them will generate some interest and get more bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go for a t-shirt, not sure about iron on for number of pages read, but I'll go along with the crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea and also SarahJ's idea of "a day a month to proudly wear our shirts!"

    Could be have 'our' individual blog user name put on the shirt too? On one of the sleeves or the back of the shirt, like with sports jerseys? :-)

    Just a thought ... :-)

    ReplyDelete