Monday, November 12, 2012

The Last Honest Woman / Nora Roberts / 248 pgs

 Ok,I am listening to this Nora Roberts fluffy romance on cd in my car when the heroine, Abby, comes down with flu.  She has 103 temperature, is shaky and pale.  This is the point where the love interest notices how attractive she is.  (or how hot)  I'm sorry, but that really didn't work for me.  I'll give her a pass since the story did improve, but seriously, no one wants an amorous advance when they have flu.  (He did keep himself in check - luckily)
This being a 1988 book, it is fun to see that they "rent" a vcr for the weekend as a treat.  Also, I guess:  Beware the biographer.  Apparently when one does a biography, relationships can ensue  ie:  Abby and Dylan / Gen. Petraeus  and Paula Broadwell.  Hmmpf.
  Not a great book, but an okay one for Nora Roberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment