Friday, October 19, 2012

Saga vol. 1 / Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples / 160 pgs

I am so excited about this series!!  First, its written by Brian K. Vaughan, who created the series "Y: The Last Man", which I also highly recommend; and second the artwork is by Fiona Staples and it is absolutely gorgeous.  I caught myself a few times just staring at the character's faces and wondering how the artist is able to create so many realistic expressions.  I mean just look at the cover of the book, that girl is Fierce! 

The story is about two soldiers from opposite sides of an intergalactic war fall in love, and risk everything to protect their newborn baby and create a life for themselves.  It's a mixture of genres: Science-Fiction, Dystopian, War, Action Adventure, Romance. 

Now as much as I rant and rave about this book it is not intended for Children or the faint of heart.  It does contain: sex, nudity, graphic violence, vulgar language, implied child abuse, etc. You get the idea - for adults or very Mature teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment