Saturday, September 22, 2012

Line of Fire/Stephen White/371 pgs.

I didn't realize, until I read the book jacket, that this is part 1 of a 2 part conclusion of the Alan Gregory/Sam Purdy series. That bummed me to begin with, and the manner in which this book ended, didn't lift my spirits! That being said, it is one of the more engrossing books I have read in awhile. The key players: Alan Gregory, a clinical psychologist; Sam Purdy, a detective; Lauren Gregory, Alan's wife and a district attorney. A "problem" from Alan and Sam's past rears its ugly head creating a potential domino effect for their families. Add to that some "interesting" patients of Dr. Gregory, friendships gone awry, overheard conversations, and you have one heck of a story. This is not the book in which to start this series. I can't begin to imagine how the series will conclude! Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment