Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stone Cold/ Robert Parker/ 218 pages

Jesse Stone is back for another adventure. This time he is trying to figure out who is killing random people with two gun shots to the chest. The evidence points to a team, but they are smart and leave little evidence. When they kill someone close to Jesse, it becomes personal. Jesse is also trying to find justice for a teenaged girl who was gang raped by three classmates. As always, his relationship with his ex-wife is part of the story.

I enjoy the Jesse Stone series for the actual crime and the police work. His character is somewhat annoying with his Gary Cooperish dialogue, but I can overlook that as well. But his relationship with his ex-wife really bothers me. He should have kicked her to the curb a long time ago. In this book, he seems to be realizing that she just uses him, but then he backslides once again. On another note, this is the third book in a row that I've read that deals with the rape of a young girl. I need to choose my next book carefully. I don't want to extend my streak.


No comments:

Post a Comment