Sunday, August 26, 2012

Line of Fire/ Stephen White/ 371 pages

The latest in the in the Dr. Alan Gregory series finds no new homicides. Instead, Alan and Sam, his Boulder police detective friend, have to deal with the possibility that an old secret may come to light. Set against the backdrop of Colorado wildfires, White's story-telling gift brings many of his previous books together in tense story of two friends trying to cover their tracks. Sam made a decision years earlier to protect his and Alan's family from a real threat. Now a previously undiscovered witness and a blackmailer may bring down both men.

I was so excited to get this book that I actually waited 2 days to start it because I knew it wouldn't last long enough. I wasn't disappointed. I am sorry to report that White has announced that this is the second to last Alan Gregory installment. He wraps up many stories in this one, and I'm expecting everything to be tied up in the next one. I just wish he would write faster! Although, knowing we are nearing the end, I'm glad to draw it out. Hopefully, there are other stories to tell from White. And, oh, his Boulder is somewhere I'm dying to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment