Monday, August 20, 2012

Cool, Calm and Contentious/ Merrill Markoe/ 269 pages

The title of this book just grabbed me, so I grabbed it without really knowing who Merrill Markoe was. I thought her name sounded familiar, but I just couldn't place it. Sue B. reminded me that she was once in a long-term relationship with David Letterman. Obviously, that little fact was something she didn't put on the back flap, but it was one of the many things she wrote about in the book. Of course, she changed the name to protect herself from litigation. Markoe touches on many aspects of her life. Her relationship with her parents (her mother in particular) is really a lesson on how not to raise a child. Unless, of course, you want the child to go into comedy. Markoe has a theory about that.

This was a very entertaining read even though it sometimes deals with some heavy subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment