Friday, July 27, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey/E.L. James/528 pages

I took me three attempts, but I made it through. I actually have a lot to say about this but will keep it brief. Yes, the writing is poor, and the smuts not as smutty as I thought it would be. But underneath I think there could have been a decent storyline in there. The characters were too two dimensional, I still can't figure out why he liked her, or what she liked about him other than he's rich and good looking. All in all I have read better-but my book group read it and they are still discussing it.

1 comment:

  1. You're a better person than I. Just couldn't get past the poor writing, the one-dimensional (you were kind to say two) characters and the storyline. I guess I'm too much of a control freak myself and a mom because I kept thinking "what is WRONG with this girl! Get a grip!" Kudos to finishing it.

    ReplyDelete