Friday, May 11, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars/John Green/318p


John Green's latest book is a doozey.  16 year old Hazel, who has stage IV cancer, hates going to the cancer support group, but her parents make her go to the depressing "literal heart of Jesus" to meet other kids going through similar struggles.  Hazel's views on support group quickly change when she meets Augustus.  Sparks fly and Hazel and Augustus quickly fall for each other regardless of oxygen tanks and amputated limbs.

This book is filled with emotion - both happy and sad.  I literally laughed out loud while reading this book and also cried, a lot.  Augustus is one of the most charming characters I have ever experienced in a book and Hazel's musings on life are pitch perfect.

Everyone who knows me knows I love John Green.  I do not say it lightly when I say that this is my new favorite John Green book.

Give to every teenager (nay, person!) ever.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment