Friday, May 11, 2012

Bitterblue/Kristin Cashore/563p


I'll preface with saying that I love this book series.  I fell in love with Graceling when it came out a few years ago and really enjoyed Fire as well.  I think I even squealed in excitement when I saw that this was on the hold shelf for me...  I quickly went home, stayed up 'til 3am reading it, woke up the next day and started reading it again.  Like, didn't even get out of bed or eat until 1:30. 

It has been 8 years since King Leck, Bitterblue's father, was killed and she became queen.  Eight years for the country of Monsea to struggle with the horrors of what Leck did to his people.  Bitterblue feels too sheltered from the past and from her people so she decides to sneak out at night to see the real Monsea.  She quickly decides that her advisors are keeping things from her and that real changes need to happen in Monsea so that she and her people can get over King Leck's reign.  Katsa, Po, and even Fire make an appearance in this book and so I recommend reading the previous two novels before you tackle this one - it's worth it.

Though Graceling will continue to be my favorite in the series so far, Bitterblue should not disappoint fans of the previous two books.  I can't wait until the next one comes out!

Give to fans of Cashore's previous work, and fans of Megan Whalen Turner, Shannon Hale, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment