Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stay Close/Harlan Coben/387 pages

Megan, Ray and Broome are three people who are connected but haven't seen each other in 17 years. Megan used to have a wild side with alter-ego named Cassie. Now she's a literal soccer mom living in the upper-middle class suburbs with her husband and two children. Ray is a paparazzi for hire who used to be an accomplished photojournalist. Broome was and still is a detective in Atlantic City chasing a case that haunts from all those years ago. When Megan impulsively visits her old stomping grounds, her new and old lives crash and the fallout draws the three of them back together.

What I love about Harlan Coben is that I'm always surprised by the ending. This one I had figured out, but it was still a good story. Two characters, Ken and Barbie, had me a little worried though. Their love of violence and Coben's superior descriptions were getting to be a little too much for me. About the time I had had enough, I was spared from any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment