Friday, March 16, 2012

2012 Notable Children's Books - Younger Grades

I read:
Do You Know Which Ones Grow? - flip pages are enticing, great for audience participation.
Grandpa Green - great mini history lesson told through text and topiary.
Harry and Hopper - gently treatment of loss of a pet.
I Broke My Trunk - as always, delightful Mo Willems
I Want My Hat Back
King Jack and the Dragon
Mouse and Lion
Prudence Wants a Pet
Should I Share My Ice Cream - Again, marvelously Mo Willems.
Dot
Goodness...to choose a favorite is difficult...I really like them all...My 3-way tie:  Do You Know Which Ones Grow?, Harry and Hopper, and Prudence Wants a Pet.  The kids really liked Do You Know Which Ones Grow?.  It really sparked a discussion of living and non-living things.

No comments:

Post a Comment