Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Masque of the Black Tulip / Lauren Willig / 406 pages



This is book 2 of a series (History of Pink Carnation). The main character is "Hen" or Henrietta, sister of Richard Selwick, the leading male character in the previous book. This is her story of romance and spy work. It is set in the time of Napoleon in England and the situations and dialogue are still quite funny.


There are two stories running through the novel. The 1805 story and the current day story where the graduate student Eloise is uncovering letters containing the information about the Black Tulip. I could do without Eloise. I simply don't care about her storyline. I really like the other part. So, there you have it. A book where you get two stories for the price of one, but you might not even care. I listened on the cd so I couldn't just skip over the Eloise parts like I could in a book. C'est la vie. I will most likely listen to the next. or at least try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment