Friday, February 10, 2012

Heart of Darkness / Gena Showalter, Maggie Shayne, Susan Krinard / 328 p

Hummm, what can I say about this book?  I picked it up because I like paranormal romance and since this book contained three short stories I was able to sample three new authors.  The three stories were just okay.  (I think I am just burning out on paranormal romance). 

The Darkest Angel, by Gena Showalter: Is about a demon assassin and angel, Lysander who has never known love/lust, runs into trouble when he is assigned to destroy Bianka, a demon spawned from the bloodline of Lucifer.

Love me to death, Maggie Shayne:  I enjoyed this story the most.  "Twenty-two years ago four teenage boys were convicted of a young girl's murder. Now, in the form of a beautiful woman, the 'victim' is seeking vengeance. And only one man dares to dig into the past to uncover its secrets...and set her free."  I love revenge stories, but what creeped me out the most is the "victim" is 22 years old and the Main man is 38; and somehow I have to be convinced that they are "soul mates" instead of creepy older/distinguished gentleman and his cute fresh from college girlfriend. 

Lady of the Nile, Susan Krinard: "Lady Tameri believes herself to be the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian princess, and Leo Erskine has set out to prove her wrong...never dreaming that the two of them are about to discover a prophecy that will bind them together forever."  Ummm, yeah, I'm not quite sure how I finished this book.

Final Verdict: ...Meh...

1 comment:

  1. If "meh" as final verdict = not too good, not too bad, have you developed the system to include a step in each direction and if so, what word is associated with each?

    ReplyDelete