Monday, January 16, 2012

A Discovery of Witches / Deborah Harkness / 579 pgs.

I am not really sure how I managed to finish this book.  It has all the right elements for me: Vampires, Witches, Romance, Libraries, and Old books!  However, all I can really say about the book is that is was very, very slow!  I mean "leisurely pace" does not even begin to describe how detailed and long it takes for the plot to move along.  I spent more of my time wondering how the main character is able to walk straight since she is always drinking wine (multiple glasses) at every meal.  And yes, the author describes the type, age, smell, and taste of  EVERY glass of WINE!  I would not recommend this book to a recovering alcoholic.  For the rest of you, read the book if you are a fast reader and don't mind that every building, research book, and whatever the main character decides to eat will be described in excruciating detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment