Friday, October 28, 2011

Y: The Last Man - Unmanned / Brian K. Vaughan / 127 pgs.

I really liked this series, but I never finished it.  I read it so long ago that I don't remember many of the details, so I decided to start over. 

In the summer of 2002, a plague of unknown origin destroyed every last sperm, fetus, and fully developed mammal with a Y chromosome-with the apparent exception of one young man and his male pet. This "gendercide" instantaneously exterminated 48% of the global population, or approximately 2.9 billion men. Now, aided by the mysterious Agent 355, the last human male Yorick Brown (and his male pet monkey, Ampersand)  must contend with dangerous extremists, a hoped-for reunion with a girlfriend on the other side of the globe, and the search for exactly why he's the only man to survive.

Intelligent, gritty, and who knew women could get so crazy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment