Thursday, October 20, 2011

Son of Stone/Stuart Woods/303 pages

Stone has a son. Pebble, er I mean Peter, was raised as Vance and Arrington's son, but now Arrington (what an unlikely name) has come clean. Peter is handsome and talented and brilliant, of course. He's 16 but wants to be 18, so a couple of calls from Stone makes it happen. Stone and Arrington get married. But wait, doesn't that make her Arrington Barrington??? And it just keeps going on and on like that.

First, Woods obviously has never been a hands-on parent or he wouldn't be able to write Peter the way he does with a straight face. Second, he hasn't listened to the way teenagers talk or he just can't write it. Third, after every Stone novel I ask myself why I keep reading this series. The answer is because they are FREE! I wouldn't spend a dime on them!

This series is strictly over the top. Campy.

1 comment:

  1. Susan, I gotta say I just love your reviews. Especially the Stuart Woods reviews. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete