Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Graveyard Book/ by Neil Gaiman/ 312 pages

This is the book I am doing with my teen book club this month. I thought it was pretty slow reading to begin. Actually, the first chapter was interesting, then the next half of the book is slow. A boy's family is murdered and he ends up being raised by ghosts in the graveyard. It's an interesting story, but the parts of the book where he is learning skills for later in life was just really slow to me. It picks up at the end again when the people that were after him at the beginning of the book come back. And at least you find out that all the stuff that was not as fast-paced to read, ends up being useful to him in the end. I'm interested to see if the teens like it...

1 comment:

  1. You also get 3 Extra points because this book won the 2009 Hugo Award!

    ReplyDelete