Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Surgeon/Tess Gerritsen/359 pgs

I have been aware of this series for a while. I wasn't all that interested to read yet another book about a serial killer and the police who finally track him down. Then I caught an episode of Rizzoli and Isles on TNT. I was intrigued by the snappy writing and the plot that wasn't too predictable. So I decided to take a chance. I have to tell you after finishing this I had to double check all the closets in the house and asked my husband to take a look in the basement. This one got to me. We meet Jane Rizzoli for the first time. She isn't a looker like Angie Harmon is on the show but the book Rizzoli has guts and brains and a giant chip on her shoulder. In some instances there is good reason but sometimes it got a little old. The Surgeon is the name of a man who likes to fantasize about what he would do to women and then acts it out. Rizzoli becomes obsessed with finding this guy and stopping him at all costs. And it nearly does. She loses her partner, she loses her job and is 'benched' and then nearly her life. I couldn't stop reading this. In fact I should have been reading a book club suggestion and almost didn't make it! This is the first book in the ongoing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment