Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Shelockian / Graham Moore / 589 pgs


When literary researcher Harold White is inducted into the preeminent Sherlock Holmes enthusiast society, he never imagines he's about to be thrust onto the hunt for Arthur Conan Doyle's missing diary. But after a Doylean scholar is murdered, it is Harold who takes up the search, both for the diary and for the killer.

For the life of me I cannot remember if I actually have ever read any Sherlock Holmes stories. Many titles are listed in this work and I vaguely recall certain story lines...I must have been brought up on all the TV shows and movies. I like the way the author ties in the turn of the century advancement from gas lamps to electric lighting in London....and how there may have been so much more intrigue and mystery in the past (shadowy features of gas lamps) as opposed to the almost overexposed facts, etc. (bright electric lighting) our technology offers us now. I like historical fiction. Read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment