Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Help/ Kathrynn Stockett/ 530 pages

I read this book in 3 days, because I have a friend in town from FL that suggest we go see it. I did not want to see it before I read it. Now, I'm prepared and eager. It was a fantastic book. One of those where you want to hear more about the characters. But, most people know it's the story of African American maids in Jackson, MI, in the 1960s and what their life was like. But, it is told from the perspective of Aibileen (a reserved maid), Minny (an outspoken maid), and Skeeter, a socialite not content with the way things are in Jackson. There are wonderful characters and characters that you really want to see get whats coming to them. I'd love to say more, but I don't want to give too much away.

No comments:

Post a Comment