Monday, September 19, 2011

Girl Stolen / April Henry / 213 pages

Cheyenne Wilder is 16, is 1/32 Indian has been blind 3 years, and has just been accidently kidnapped.  She was lying in the back of her stepmom's Cadillac Escalade while she went in to get Cheyenne's antibiotics.  It is Christmastime and the kidnapper/car thief, Griffin, had been sent by Roy to steal packages from cars.  When he saw the keys in the ignition, he stole the car without knowing Cheyenne was in back.  Fearing apprehension and grief from Roy, Griffin takes Cheyenne with him, intending to release her later.  Cheyenne's mom was killed

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys enjoy the book. I had so much fun writing it. I did a lot of research and I even went to the Guide Dog School for the Blind and spent a day there. At the end of the day, they put a blindfold on me and then brought out a dog and a harness and told me to put it on. It's really hard if you can't see! I finally managed and went to pet the dog - and I had harnessed up the hind end!

    ReplyDelete