Monday, July 18, 2011

The Help/Kathryn Stockett/451 pgs





I had tried to read this book but was not able to get into it. So I decided to see if I could have a better chance listening to it. I am glad I did. This is a excellent story and the audio version is much easier to get into. The story takes place into Jackson Mississippi in the early sixties - a time of turmoil in that area. Skeeter has just returned from college - Old Miss - and wants to be a writer. She has gotten a job writing a column for the local paper on house cleaning - something she knows nothing about. So she asks her best friend's maid, a black woman, for help and they end up deciding to work on a book regarding how it is to be a black maid working in a white household in Jackson Mississippi in secret. I am looking forward to the movie when it comes out

No comments:

Post a Comment