Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone/J.K. Rowling/309 pages

An infant is dropped off on the doorstep of an unsuspecting household after a day of very odd occurrences. And thus begins the story of Harry Potter and his extraordinary life. Ten years later, right before his 11th birthday, Harry, a nearly abused orphan living with an uncaring aunt, uncle and cousin, receives word that he has been accepted into Hogwarts School of Magic. His adventures begin.

I've read the series through twice, and since we just saw the last movie, I decided it was time to begin again. The first book was definitely easier and faster to read then the later ones. I am impressed how she sets up later events in this first novel. People and places will become important later on. I always wondered if she really did have a plan for a complete series or was taken off guard with the success and had to come up with subsequent stories. I believe now she had a plan.

Movie

1 comment:

  1. I rarely re-read books but for some reason Harry Potter has been on my mind lately. I think I would enjoy reading the entire series one after another vs the piecemeal approach. Now all I need is a couple of weeks of uninterrupted reading time....

    ReplyDelete