Wednesday, July 20, 2011

English Tea Murder/Leslie Meier/265 pages

Lucy Stone and her friends, Pam, Sue and Rachel, are on a trip to England with a group from the local college. When the leader of the tour and an adjunct professor at the school is fatally stricken with an allergy attack during the flight, the members of the group go on with their vacation under the supervision of the substitute leader, another professor from the college and an almost fling from Lucy's past. Lucy begins to suspect that the allergy attack was not an unlucky accident.

Since my daughter and I just came home from a trip to England in March, I thoroughly enjoyed the detailed descriptions of London and Bath. I repeatedly read parts of the book out loud to my daughter, and we would say "Hey we did that!" I also enjoyed the bickering and differences of opinion on what constitutes a good vacation between the friends. Just goes to show, great friends don't always make great traveling companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment