Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pardonable Lies / Jacqueline Winspear / 340 pages

This is the first Maisie Dobbs mystery I've read. The series was recommended by my sister. Clearly her tastes are not as bloody and violent as mine. This is a nice historical fiction mystery set in post WWI England. Maisie is a very honorable character who is a private investigator that solves cases and acts in the best interests of her clients all the while dealing with her own demons resulting from bloody encounters on French battlefields. Somehow I started with the 3rd book in the series which was fine. When I get the chance I might go back and read the 1st in the series to find out a little more about Maisie. One thing is for sure, while the world was much different in the early 20th century, people are pretty much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment