Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Heart for Home/ Lauraine Snelling/ 356 pages



This is the last (or at least the latest) in a very long set of series. It is like reading Laura Ingalls Wilder for adults. The series begins in the second half of the 1800's with Norwegian pioneers and this current book is set in 1905. Astrid is a new doctor and needs to balance medicine with relationships. This book is the third in the trilogy about her. These are also Christian books and anyone who likes pioneer history would love them. "Uff da" is the closest expletive used in the books. I have found myself saying it after having read so many of these books.

They are very satisfying books to read; good story, good characters, good historical view. I really liked all of them. Uff da! I wish she would write another.

1 comment:

  1. Uff Da! You've got problems. Hahaha, I loved your review.

    ReplyDelete