Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Before I Go to Sleep / S.J. Watson / 360 Pages

This is the ARC book that I won last month.  It's coming out this month sometime.  If anyone else would like to read it, let me know and I will pass it on.

Every morning when Christine wakes up, she can't remember who she is, where she is, or sometimes even how old she is.  She has a rare type of memory loss.  She can remember what she has done years ago, but nothing from the last few days, weeks, months, and years.  She can make new memories of that day, but once she goes to sleep she forgets everything she has learned.  A doctor is writing a paper and wants to try to help her.  He tells her to keep a journal of the day's events.  Each morning, he calls her and tells her where it is so she can read it.  Slowly, she begins to remember some things on her own, and the writing seems to be helping.  But then some things aren't adding up.  Her memories don't match what her husband says has been going on, and soon she gets suspicious.  But how can someone who can't even remember who they are when they get out of bed be sure of anything they remember?

I really liked the story line of this book.  It was very engrossing and kept my attention.  There is a LOT of very foul language, though, which is very disappointing to me.  If the story had been less interesting I probably would have stopped reading it because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment