Sunday, May 15, 2011

Toys / James Patterson & Neil McMahon / 364 pages

Okay, I am embarrassed to say I read this book but since it's a book challenge, I gotta count the pages. Competition for SCCCLD overrules pride. In Toys Patterson and McMahon try science fiction. The message is sooooo heavy-handed, the characters so stereotypical, the action so unbelievable I feel like I totally wasted a good two hours of my life. At least there's flying cars and robot servants just like the Jetsons. Oh yeah, disposable clones too. I like the Patterson books with Alex Cross. I like the Patterson books that have disquieting evil characters. I like the Patterson books with the Girls Club. I didn't like this one. Patterson readers, you know that big photo of the author on the back of all his books? I'm thinking that little smile of his means, Gotcha! Thanks for the $27.99. Readers deserve more than a book-writing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment