Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Wilder Life: My adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie by Wendy McClure



This is an ARC book being released April 14th. It is for all the Laura fans. It is full of funny, interesting stories and Laura trivia as you follow Wendy McClure on her journey to visit all the sites in Laura world. I could so relate to so much of the book. By Golly, I'm going to buy a sunbonnet next time I see one. ( Wendy has 16, I think).


Not really ever meeting other die-hard fans except one, this book was a real treat. Now I need to back to Pepin, Wisconsin since they've built a cabin replica. (Wasn't there when I was) Also Prairie Days in Independence, Kansas.


Wendy McClure is going to be at the Schlafley Branch of St. Louis Public Library on Monday, May 16. I think she'll be a good speaker.


I recommend this book if you have read any Laura Ingalls Wilder books. She also wrote The Princess and the Peanut Allergy for young children. Quite good with great pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I wonder how you decided on the names for your kids ;)

    btw: the book signing will be on Monday, April 18th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit the areas in the books. I will have to check this book out when we get it, it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete