Sunday, April 17, 2011

Heartsick / Chelsea Cain / 326 pages

I listened to this one on CD and recommend the audio version because hearing the characters lends so much more to the story. I like mystery, I like murder, I like reading about serial killers. This book is one of the most disturbing titles I've ever read; one that will stick with me for awhile. The plot is about finding the murderer of young school girls but the real story is about Archie Sheridan, the policeman and surviving victim of a pyschopathic killer. What happens to Archie is very, very brutal, stomach turning and frightening. The scariest element is what happens to Archie as a human being and his struggle to regain control of his life and his emotions. You must listen to this one. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment