Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Safe Haven/Nicholas Sparks/ 340p


Katie is a mysterious woman with a questionable past. She came into town with nothing, took a job at a local restaurant and began fixing up an old shack she rented. She didn't seem anxious to make friends. But after making friends with Jo, her next door neighbor, Katie began to notice Alex, a widower with two children. Alex eventually earns her trust and love. Although they try to live in the moment, her past is stalking her with deadly intent.


Because this is a Nicholas Sparks book, I worried the whole time I was reading it because his endings are never quite the "happily ever after" that I wish for the characters. Other than the sense of impending doom, I enjoyed the book. I rooted for Katie and Alex. Loved Jo whose effervescent personality added some sparkle and humor. If you are a fan of Nicholas Sparks, I think you like his latest.

1 comment:

  1. I actually stopped reading Nicholas Sparks for a while because I hated getting to the end of the books, they are always so sad. I may have to take exception and read this one, though.

    ReplyDelete