Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ready for Anything/ Keiko Kasza



I read the 2011 Building block book nominees. My favorite was Ready for Anything because I have a soft spot for worried, paranoid animal characters. Raccoon obsesses about the dangers of going on a picnic. Duck "reframes" the outdoor experience possibilities for raccoon. This is a very good psychological technique that would be beneficial for anyone to learn at a young age. Positive self-talk rather than negative is always good. Set in this story, it is great; not didactic at all. (reminds me of Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt-another favorite of mine)

My next favorite building block book was Silly Tilly by Eileen Spinelli because it is very silly, and rhymes, and also shows that everyone needs that different sort of character around.

No comments:

Post a Comment