Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes / Eric Litwin


As a chair of the Building Block Committee, I have to say that I am particularly attached to all of this year's nominees. My favorite, however, is "Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes." You can download an audiofile of the author, Eric Litwin, reading/singing his story at http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/kids/gamesandcontests/features/petethecat/. I guarantee that it will you have you walking around your house (or the library!) singing "I love my white shoes..." with a spring in your step. I gave this book as a birthday gift to two 3-year-olds in the past month, and have been compelled to read it over and over and over (and over) again. Does this make me cry? Goodness no! There's no such thing as too much Pete the Cat.
Keep walking along and singing your song!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great Building Block nominee. Thanks for the link. I want to read everything on the list this year. All great selections. I plan to try each one out on my grandson Owen!

    ReplyDelete