Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Boston Jane Trilogy/ Jennifer Holm/ 273/242/230 pages


I found this in the downloadable ebooks and it looked good. I realized I had read the first one before, but it was good enough to read again. Any Laura Ingalls Wilder fan would like it. A girl goes to the wilderness of the west coast and learns to make her own way. There is also a nasty Nellie Oleson type character as a foil for her back in Philadelphia. Book 2 was just as good and advances the plot with some hints of romance. The conflict is the impact of white society on the native americans of the region.
Then, I had a crisis. Book 3 was not on the ebooks and I had to wait until the next day to check it out. Book 3 -The Claim - was also very satisfying. However, the author left it open for more books and then didn't write any more. She could have continued the series!
These books turned out to be JF which I didn't realize until I took the book off the shelf. I thought it would be YA since the girl is 15-17 in the stories and the plot involves romance, and many social issues. Still, an excellent series.

No comments:

Post a Comment